SolShine Energy Alternatives is a full-service provider of electrical and solar electric (photovoltaic) contracting services for home and business in the New River Valley region of Virginia. We are looking for a full-time entry-level Photovoltaic Installer to join our dedicated team of clean energy professionals in the New River Valley.
This position will have the following general job duties:
• Assemble, install, or maintain solar photovoltaic (PV) systems on roofs or other structures in compliance with site assessment and schematics.
• May include measuring, cutting, assembling, and bolting structural framing and solar modules.
• May perform minor electrical work such as current checks.
• Competitive Pay
• Advancement Opportunities
• Paid training – focused on safety, customer service, technology, products, and on-site sales techniques
• Paid time off
• Install photovoltaic (PV) systems in accordance with codes and standards using drawings, schematics, and instructions.
• Assemble solar modules, panels, or support structures, as specified.
• Install module array interconnect wiring, implementing measures to disable arrays during installation.
• Review blueprints or specifications to determine work requirements.
• Check electrical installation for proper wiring, polarity, grounding, or integrity of terminations.
• Test operating voltages to ensure operation within acceptable limits for power conditioning equipment, such as inverters and controllers.
• Identify installation locations with proper orientation, area, solar access, or structural integrity for photovoltaic (PV) arrays.
• Install required labels on solar system components and hardware.
• Determine photovoltaic (PV) system designs or configurations based on factors such as customer needs, expectations, and site conditions.
• Diagram layouts and locations for photovoltaic (PV) arrays and equipment, including existing building or site features.
• Determine connection interfaces for additional subpanels or for connecting photovoltaic (PV) systems with utility services or other power generation sources.
• Perform routine photovoltaic (PV) system maintenance on modules, arrays, batteries, power conditioning equipment, safety systems, structural systems, weather sealing, or balance of systems equipment.
• Install active solar systems, including solar collectors, concentrators, pumps, or fans.
• Select mechanical designs, installation equipment, or installation plans that conform to environmental, architectural, structural, site, and code requirements.
• Demonstrate system functionality and performance, including start-up, shut-down, normal operation, and emergency or bypass operations.
• Strong interest in solar technology
• Excellent client-facing communication skills
• Basic computer skills including familiarity with Microsoft Office programs
• Must be able to lift 50lbs
• Must have reliable transportation
• Ability to work well with others in a collaborative team environment
• Desire to continuously learn relevant new technologies
• Must be eligible to work for a US employer
- We’re committed to providing a safe environment for our employees and customers to protect against COVID 19.
- We are taking every precaution by implementing safety and sanitation measures, including providing our employees with face masks and hand sanitizer, and the proper training to ensure social distancing while in a customer’s home.
- We survey customers to ensure we aren’t entering a home where COVID is a concern. We often work outside and maintain distancing when inside work is needed.
- SolShine Energy Alternatives has been closely and carefully evaluating the situation, and we will continue to make modifications as needed to help ensure the health and safety of our employees and customers.
Pay Rate: $15.00 / hour
SolShine Energy Alternatives is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.