SolShine Energy Alternatives is a full-service provider of electrical and solar electric (photovoltaic) contracting services for home and business in the New River Valley region of Virginia. We are looking for an experienced Electrical Journeyperson with knowledge of smart home automation systems to join our dedicated team of clean energy professionals in the New River Valley. This position will have the following general job duties:
- Provide electrical services such as residential wiring, service upgrades, and troubleshooting & repair services.
- Install residential solar systems.
- Install, configure, and program smart home automation systems.
- Competitive Pay
- Advancement Opportunities
- Paid training – focused on safety, customer service, technology, products, and on-site sales techniques
- Paid time off
- Read blueprints and schematics
- Rough-in and final electrical residential wiring
- Wiring of electrical services, load centers, receptacles, switches, etc.
- Install and wire luminaries, fans, wall heaters, baseboard heaters, etc.
- Install mechanical components of a solar electric system
- Electrical wiring of solar array/system (AC and DC)
- Deliver & install custom home automation systems
- Provide customer education on the use of installed products
- Advise and recommend the best solutions and products to meet the customer’s needs
- Meet with clients to explain service offerings, take orders, and clarify specific requirements of each project
- Meet budgetary objectives and make adjustments to projects as needed
- Attend training sessions on new products, installation methodology, and safety
- Additional duties required as needed
- Must have at least 5 years of electrical experience
- Well versed in the 2014 National Electric Code.
- Must be able to read, interpret and work from blueprints and/or schematic diagrams
- Solar installation experience strongly preferred
Smart Home Automation:
- Experience with home automation systems
- Experience with low voltage systems integration
- Ability to troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve system issues
- Demonstrated ability and knowledge of networking and wireless networks
- Excellent client-facing communication skills
- Basic computer skills including familiarity with Microsoft Office programs
- Must be able to lift 50lbs
- Must have reliable transportation
- Ability to work well with others in a collaborative team environment
- Desire to continuously learn relevant new technologies
- Must be eligible to work for a US employer
We’re committed to providing a safe environment for our employees and customers to protect against COVID 19.
- We are taking every precaution by implementing safety and sanitation measures, including providing our employees with face masks and hand sanitizer, and the proper training to ensure social distancing while in a customer’s home.
- We survey customers to ensure we aren’t entering a home where COVID is a concern. We often work outside and maintain distancing when inside work is needed.
- SolShine Energy Alternatives has been closely and carefully evaluating the situation, and we will continue to make modifications as needed to help ensure the health and safety of our employees and customers.
We’re committed to providing a safe environment for our employees and customers with the use of face masks and hand sanitizer, social distancing when working inside, and surveying customers to ensure we aren’t entering a home where COVID is a concern.
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org